Voog’s e-commerce module is simple compared to big players like Shopify or WooCommerce, but this also makes setting up your first online store or starting to sell from your existing website easier, and more affordable. Take a look how Voog compares to other e-commerce platforms.
Although a sample of potential customers said that not all the necessary functions were there yet, there are many who have seen their sales increase. There were about 100 stores who generated sales of over €200K altogether.
Throughout the first year, we added new features to the online store based on the feedback of early users, to make the service fit the needs of a wider range of customers.
Thanks to the feedback, we developed and released the following: product variations, translation of product names, stock control of items, exporting order details and fixes for a whole range of smaller issues. And of course, the feature that was requested the most…
Sales results of Voog in 2017
Many new customers chose a design theme from our beautiful mobile-friendly templates, others chose to have custom designs tailored for them by our partner agencies. See some examples of those unique projects below:
- Website of Widget Factory (by Redwall)
- Online store of jewellry artist Tanel Veenre (by Granaat)
- Website of Latitude59 startup and tech conference (by Neway)
- Online store of Radis hand-made design furniture (by Sviiter)
If you need a website or online store, but our design themes are not enough for you, contact one of our partner agencies who’ll be happy to help you out.
A year of talking to our clients
- Kersti, Merle and Kalle joining the team, all our developers and management team joined forces with support to be better aware of our customer’s viewpoint.
- Therefore the role of customers’ feedback in product development has greatly increased. Two examples of this are both bringing SSL-security to all subscription plans faster and improving the SEO of Voog.
- Live chat — from this summer you’ll be able to talk with our support agents via a chat window, directly from inside the app.
- Better onboarding for new customers — we’re actively reaching out to all new customers to make sure their needs are covered by the functionality of the service. When necessary our onboarding team will make an introductory offer to the service.
- Writing helpful blog articles that make it easier for our clients to find their way within the online world. For example, we wrote about e-commerce trends, why you should switch your website to secure SSL connection, how to find illustrations and how to make better use of fonts on your website.
Plans for 2018
I suggest keeping an eye on our blog. Each month we will be publishing a user story with one of our interesting clients. We’ve already written about the work of jewellery artist Tanel Veenre and product designer Stella Soomlais. In addition to taking a look at their professional activities, these customers also reflect on why they chose Voog for their websites and what they like and dislike about the service.